Insurance brokers selling disability income products have a lot in common with Olympic athletes. It was fun to watch the winter Olympians compete. Although they did not all medal, they all gave it their best efforts.
Here are five ways, disability income producers are like Olympians:
- Prepare. Disability insurance producers are prepared to ask their clients questions to help them see the need for disability income. For example, they might ask, “I know you have auto insurance, so your car would be protected in the event of a car accident. Have you protected your paycheck in the event you became too sick or injured to work for a period of time?”
- Practice. Disability insurance producers get lots practice selling the need for disability income because they ask every client if they have protected their paycheck with disability income insurance. “All our planning rests on your ability to earn an income. Before we go any further we will need to protect your paycheck from two risks: an untimely death and an accident or sickness that makes it impossible for you to work for a period of time.”
- Believe. Disability insurance producers believe in the need for disability income and they make a priority to make sure their clients protect their income. Working with Source Brokerage, Inc., they present a plan that fits their clients’ financial and professional profile. Source Brokerage represents a variety of carriers and disability products, and a disability income specialist can help design an affordable, quality disability income plan.
- Persist. Disability insurance producers know it may take several visits or several years to convince a client of the need to protect their income. They know gentle persistence sends a strong message to the client–“Protecting your income is too important to overlook or let go.”
- Achieve. With steady DI sales, disability insurance producers achieve a high level of compensation from first-year commissions (50% of first-year premium) and years of renewals. You’ll not only achieve your sales and income goals, you’ll grow a long list of clients.
Source Brokerage, Inc is your disability income partner. We’ll help you sell like an Olympian. Your success is our priority.