As medical health insurance sales become less certain, health producers can turn to disability income (DI) sales to maintain a steady stream of income. Business owners– health producers primary client base–are excellent prospects for disability income.
DI carriers offer incentives targeted to business owners, such as an income enhancer and premium discounts. More importantly, DI carriers offer multiple products geared toward business owners, so there are opportunities for multiple sales. Not sure how to get started? Talk to a disability income specialist at Source Brokerage, Inc. We can help you design a disability income plan tailored specifically for your business owner clients. Although each client’s situation is unique, the following products can be used to design a plan to protect your business owners from the risk of a disabling illness or injury:
- Individual disability income to protect the business owner’s personal financial welfare.
- Business overhead insurance to keep the doors of the business open. This policy reimburses the company for monthly business expenses for up to 2 years.
- Business loan protection makes the payments on business loans in the event of a disabling injury or sickness for up to $1.5M for10 years.
- Key Person disability pays a lump sum to the business in the event a key employee is disabled by a serious injury or illness.
- Buy/Sell provides the funds to buyout a disabled partner’s business interest in the company.
Our disability income specialists assist you with developing the plans, understanding the contracts, preparation for the sales call, and overseeing your clients’ applications through the underwriting process. Source Brokerage can help you provide disability income solutions for your business owner clients, and the steady income stream that comes with DI sales.