Business Owners not only need paycheck protection, they also need to protect their businesses and business succession plans. As you meet with your business owner clients, make sure you educate them on the need for these DI products:
- Individual Disability Income. For most business owners, their paycheck is the source for all their families’ needs—food, shelter, education, vacation, medical, etc. Many do not have access to group LTD plans, and if they do have group LTD, the benefit is limited. They need to protect their income with individual disability insurance.
- Business Overhead Protection. This DI product keeps the company running when the business owner is sick or injured for a period of time, until the business owner can come back to work or sells the company. It will pay the expenses of the business that are allowed as business tax deductions for up to 24 months.
- Business Loan Protection. This business owner DI product will continue to pay business loan payments for up to 10 years in the event the business owner is too sick or injured to work.
- Keyperson DI. This DI product will pay the company up to 2x a key employee’s salary up to $500K in the event the keyperson is too sick or injured to work. The funds can be used by the company for any purpose it desires.
- Business Buy Sell will provide the funds to buy out the disabled partner.
Review your files and schedule appointments to meet with your business owner clients. Share the importance of not only protecting their paychecks, but also their businesses. Call Source Brokerage, Inc’s disability income specialist to tailor disability income plans for your business owener clients. We can also walk you through each of the plans, so you can provide your clients with the most up-to-date information.