Findings from Principal’s recent Business Owner check-in provided some insight into small and mid-size business owners priorities and sales opportunities they can offer you.
Key Findings and Opportunities
Business protection is their #1 priority. Key person insurance is an effective way to protect against an unexpected disability that could disrupt business operations.
- Share with clients: Overview of how keyperson insurance works.
- Take Action: Run Key Person Replacement insurance proposals to show benefits and approximate cost.
More than half of owners want to offer more employees key benefits. A couple of the most key employee benefits offered are individual disability insurance and retirement protection disability coverage. In fact, compared to one year ago, significantly more business owners offer individual disability insurance for their key employees (44% vs 55%).
- Share with clients: DI options for key employees.
- Use the checklist of financial priorities to start the planning process.
Additional Sales Opportunities
Check out more individual disability insurance solutions available for business owners and key employees, including:
- Business Loan Protection
- DI Retirement Security
- DI salary continuation and executive bonus
- Disability Buy-Out
- Overhead Expense