Disability income (DI) is earning our associates thousands of extra dollars in compensation. Source Brokerage, Inc. represents the major DI carriers and has the expertise you need to increase your commissions by $100,000 in just five years with DI sales.
We are a national brokerage firm licensed in your state. Here’s how we support our associates with their DI sales:
- Share marketing strategies
- Provide disability income illustrations tailored to the financial and medical profile of the client.
- Prescreen any pre-existing medical conditions with the underwriters.
- Prepare you for the presentation or make the presentation with you.
- Follow the application through the underwriting process
Disability income is a very lucrative product. The standard DI commission is 50 percent of the first year premium and 10 percent renewals for 2-15 years. The average premium for a white collar professional $4500.
Furthermore, the persistency rate for DI is twice has high as life insurance. The average persistency for DI is 12.2 years as compared to 6.2 years for life insurance.
Who are the best prospects for DI?
- white collar professionals such as physicians, attorneys, engineers, and accountants
- business owners
Where to find DI prospects?
- Your existing client base
- Small business owner associations
- Professional and trade associations
- Alumni associations
- Centers of influence such as financial planners, attorneys, or accountants
There never has been a better time for DI. Carriers are offering generous benefits, and employment is good. There are plenty of prospects and DI carriers.
Even clients with pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, sleep apnea, or even cancer, can qualify for affordable impaired risk DI plans that offer own occupation definitions, all the elimination periods, and up to 10-year benefit periods.
Look to Source Brokerage for all aspects of disability income, from cultivating the sale, to making the presentation, to marketing, to sales ideas.